- Chozo Sanctuary
- → Most Yeah!'d Content
Most Yeah!'d Content
Posted by Plant42 on 13 August 2014 - 05:37 PM
The day has come when the first member of CS has reached a five-figure post count! With this post, everyone's favorite cream-tastic Plant has broken to the 10,000 post barrier! Milestones like this make me nostalgic for the old days--even a little sad. I start to get pretty emo when I think about the old days, and I tend to do that quite a lot. As tribute in memory of years past, I created this celebratory image comprised of many other images I've posted over time. Though most of it relates to myself and my posts, I hope you guys will enjoy this and recall old memories too! Damn, it's been a long time, and yet it's all gone by so fast. Thanks for sticking around this long, everyone!
Posted by torgo on 04 January 2015 - 09:37 AM
The Amiibo Hunt
Interested in amiibo? Did you just buy a new house to contain your expanding collection? Then subscribe to this thread! Its purpose is to be a clearing house for availability/deals/tips/trades for amiibo. Find a rare amiibo available somewhere? Post it here! End up with an extra one that someone else might want? Let everyone know! Need that special amiibo and are willing to pay shipping? Ask for it here!
I'll endeavor to keep this first post updated with two things: Tools and resources for tracking down and checking availability of amiibo, and a list of who wants what, for anyone who's out and about and comes across a motherlode. It's left up to individuals to arrange shipment/payment, though. Please play nice, this isn't eBay.
Post your resources and info, along with wants and haves, and I'll update this post as I can.
Stores that you wouldn't expect amiibo to be in
Tools and Resources
- Someone wrote a script that tweets whenever stock or prices change on amiibo at Amazon. Follow @amiibo_tracker to get updates.
- amiibo subreddit (Lots of good info/insight. Clearly not a well-kept secret).
- Google Docs spreadsheet with amiibo store availability and comments (unsure how often updated, YMMV)
- Another Google Docs spreadsheet with amiibo store availability and comments (again, YMMV)
- Target Inventory Checker (thanks to Prime for posting this and the numbers)
- Target DCPI numbers for amiibo
- 207-00-5001 Mario
207-00-5006 Donkey Kong
207-00-5012 Wii Fit Trainer
207-00-5015 Little Mac
207-00-5016 Diddy Kong
207-00-5018 Captain Falcon
207-00-5019 Toon Link
207-00-5021 Rosalina & Luma
207-00-5022 Mega Man
207-00-5025 King Dedede
- 207-00-5001 Mario
- Target DCPI numbers for amiibo
Have or Want
Some basic guidelines on the spirit of the "Want" list:
This is envisioned as an easy single place to look and see if someone's looking for an amiibo that you've come across. If you post your wants here, know that there's an expectation that you'll pay someone back for it, along with shipping. Of course, it's up to the individual who bought if they want to gift it, but I doubt if anyone's expecting this to be a, "buy it for me!" list.
Also for purchasers, this list doesn't mean, "buy it at any price", since anyone can do that. Its intent is to have a way for someone to grab an amiibo at MSRP for someone who doesn't have any in their area. Best to buy from stores that have an easy return policy, if need be.
Neither the Amiibo Hunt thread, nor its creator, nor the CS administration team is responsible for working out the details of amiibo transactions. Those can be taken care of in PMs. Public displays of appreciation are approved of.
- Torgo: Bowser, King Dedede, Meta Knight (Best Buy exclusive), Rosalina (Target exclusive), Toon Link.
- Plant42: Shulk (GameStop exclusive), Rosalina (Target exclusive)
- Robok: Robin, Palutena (both currently unannounced)
- Morgil: Rosalina (Target exclusive)
- SuperTeeter64: Pit, Meta Knight (Best Buy exclusive), Ike, Bowser
- Fushigisaur: Captain Falcon
- gamerman99: Little Mac, Villager, Marth, WFT, Meta Knight, Lucario, Shulk, Sheik
- Prowl 1701: Ike, Mega Man (needs 2, one for display, one for fun time)
- Have extra(s) to trade or sell:
Posted by Prime on 24 October 2010 - 02:01 PM
WHO'S THAT POKéMON?!
Edit: Rules, because I apparently need to post them:
- Do not start the next round until the host of the last round announces a winner, unless a mod/admin says otherwise.
- Do not use excessively obscure characters. It can be challenging, just not ridiculous. (ex: Captain A.C. Exeter)
- Make sure the artwork you use is of reasonably high quality. People are supposed to see the character through the silhouette, not heavy compression artifacting.
- Be reasonable when choosing artwork of characters mimicking other characters. Make sure there is at least one distinguishing feature between the copy and the original. For example Kirby forms are ok, Gandrayda copying Samus is not.
Posted by SuperTeeter64 on 05 December 2014 - 08:50 AM
Well... Hello everyone! I finally joined this here forum of yours thanks to my buddy Torgo for letting me know about it and letting me race in Mario Kart 8 tournaments from it. Hopefully I can be a little active on the forum. Hope to race against more of you guys in Mario Kart 8 and Smash against you all someday too in Smash 4!
Posted by torgo on 12 June 2014 - 08:10 AM