• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:14 AM

Ok, Mika, Bombos, I deleted most of you guys' little argument. I left the first posts from each of you, because each of them has some validity, and can be built off of productively. However, the direction you were going was anything but productive.

@Mika's first post, CS is slow, but far from dead. The thing is, and I've been seeing this since my days at LT, there can be times when there are very few posts a day* yeah, but despite that, the same members always continue to come, and the pace picks back up. If it were dead, then the slow periods would continue to get slower, people would slowly leave, and it would shrivel and die. In contrast, yeah there are some boards that haven't seen a post in a month, but there are other boards that are quite active. It depends on the subject, and the price we pay for wanting to have a varied selection of boards is that some of them go unused. I also should address that a few promienent members have "retired" in the past few months. While this disappoints me because they are/were my friends, it doesn't worry me in terms of CS's future, because the rate at which we are getting new active members is approximately equal, or even greater than, the rate at which we lose them, or regain lost ones. We've had Lupus, Linx, BH (Hi BH!), and I guess you could say jrr all disappear in the past few months. In the same time, we've gained new active members such as Flack, and we've regained activity from old people who had left, including Mika, bombos, and, most recently, gamerman.

So yes, CS is slow, sometimes maddeningly slow, but I honestly would not say that it is dead or dying. LT in the last few months? Yeah, as much as we fought it, it was dying by the day, and no one was really surprised when G-sch announced it was closing. It had been hanging over us for months. If I posted an announcement tomorrow that we were closing CS, would everyone say "well, saw that coming"? Or would they be shocked as hell, and furious? My bet is the latter, and that says something.

And, as I said in another thread, and as we always say to people who comment on slow activity, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Start some discussions, start a contest (we haven't had enough of those recently), start SOMETHING.

*although I should mention that, even in its most dry, CS has about 10 times more posts per day than LT at its most dry. I read every post that was made at LT, and I actually have access to the post stats here, so this is a fact.

#32 Shadow

Shadow

Level 2

• Sheegoth
  • 629 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:56 AM

Happy Birthday CHOZO SANCTUARY!!!

I for one would be quite angry if it closed down. I was gone for about 5 months from here because I got me a wife, and marriage and wedding plans take up some time. Plus I have a job that has bizarre hours at times. But not I'm back and try to be as active as I can be. My only complaint about this place is all the swearing. Sure a well placed swear from Plant or Conker will make me laugh, but when its 10 f-bombs in a two line post, I realize that the poster doesn't know how to express themselves in other ways. But if everyone keeps swearing, I'll still keep coming. I like this place. It's got good personality and I like the peoples. So here, here! Chozo Sanctuary, we loves ya more than a toast sandwhich.

#33 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:13 AM

Yeah, tell me about it.
With Content Watch on my PC, it's not just the decency factor, but I literally can't read most threads because of one misplaced word.

Chozo Sanctuary - Mature, Intelligent Video Game Discussion

#34 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Diamont
  • 8,033 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:43 PM

Can't you just disable that when you're online and then turn it back on when you're done, BSGM? But getting back on-topic, here's to year two and beyond!

#35 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:42 PM

Yeah, I have been swearing a bit much recently. I guess college has corrupted me like that :P

I have been trying to cut down on it, I'll make more of an effort for you guys. To be perfectly honest, Shad's complaint about it means a bit more. I mean, BSGM, you're 18 or so years old, a college student, seems like it's no one's fault but your own if you are still being supressed by your parents' net nanny software...

I mean, we've talked about this before, so you know not to take offense ;P

#36 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:45 PM

I don't take offense. I'm just saying, I have noticed it too. I'm just illustrating the percentage of how many pages have swears in them. Man.

#37 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:08 PM

Yeah, but I don't know that it's any more than it used to be... though I'm one of the top posts and now I cuss more so who knows.

Anyway, dude, you're an adult. Why can't you just ask your parents for the password so you can override it when you're using the computer? Clearly it's Chaos who they're trying to protect...

#38 Lyhalu

Lyhalu

Resident Canadian

• Kraid
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:47 AM

Admin Double-post, hooooo~!

But I believe, although I could be wrong, that the reason this Content Watch will work also for him may be because his parents may not want his older son to go to an...(sorry for my choice of word here) blasphemous page on the Internet. I recall that Blackskull once said he lived in a virtuous family, so it doesn't sound that far-fetched.

Also, Happy first year anniversary CS! :)

#39 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:08 AM

Geez, it wasn't a double post, BSGM deleted the post to which I had been replying :|

Let's end this discussion though. His family's affairs and decisions are their own business, and it was wrong of me to comment on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users