#1 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:21 PM

Here's the thread to talk about movies. Obviously :P

Intelligent movie discussion is highly encouraged here, and we'd love to hear opinions on movies you've just seen. Hey, maybe you could save some people 8 bucks they might have spent on a ticket to see [insert bad movie here]!

This probably goes without saying, but no discussions about... adult films ;)

#2 sevenout

sevenout

Level 1

• Skree
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:22 PM

A little Indie flick I really wante to see was "Hard Candy" but sadly it never played in my area. :( did any one catch this movie? Or even hear about it?

Oh but a great Indie movie I recently saw was "Brick" wich was an awsome movie! any one get to see that? If you havent I strongly recomend you look into it and then rent it/buy it once its on DVD.

#3 Red

Red

Level 1

• Skree
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:36 AM

I just saw 75% to 80% of Resident Evil 2 on HBO. I missed the ending because it ran into Eureka 7 but... It's certainly no oscar contender... But it seems up there with the first Mortal Kombat as being fairly close to the source material.

#4 Shadow

Shadow

Level 2

• Sheegoth
  • 629 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:35 PM

As for me, this week has been Bruce Willis week for me and my girlfriend. We watched 16 Blocks, Die Hard with a Vengence, Mercury Rising, and The Siege. The Siege wasn't too good, but kinda scary actually. I really enjoyed 16 Blocks and Die Hard with a Vengence (hadn't seen it before). Mercury Rising was ok.

In other news, who's going to see the new Superman? Me and Slipstr3am are going Tuesday night at 10 at the IMAX with some peeps. Should be a good time. However it's $12 a ticket. Sux!

#5 SLIPSTR3AM

SLIPSTR3AM

Level 1

• Geemer
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:42 PM

I just saw Nacho Libre last weeken....

Intelligent movie discussion is highly encouraged here,

DANG IT!

Well anyways, for real... it was a funny movie. It's not to be taken seriously in the slightest, but Jack Black is at the top of his game performance wise. May he never get old or sold out.

And yes, I'm getting a bit excited about Superman. I listened to the movie score preview on Soundtrack.net, and I loved it! It's taking the original themes and updating them without changing their essence. I'll definitely have to pick it up. Yes, I'm a movie score fanatic. I now have over two days worth of nothing but movie, video game, and television scores on my iTunes.

Edited by SLIPSTR3AM, 25 June 2006 - 10:45 PM.

#6 Red

Red

Level 1

• Skree
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:18 AM

I WAS supposed to be getting dragged tomorrow by my fiancee to watch The Devil Wears Prada but thankfully... The movie hasn't opened yet so I've been rescued from my fate! XD Alas... I WAS just starting to get a hankering for movie popcorn... But there isn't anything out that I'd WANT to see... :\ And I'm looking at the new Superman with great ambivilance. I haven't been excited by Superman since I was little. And the new movie... Eh. Maybe I'll catch on cable sometime... The last movie I went to which was also the last movie I really wanted to see was War of the Worlds and that was because I read the book a lot as a kid and curious not only as to how it'd stack up to the book in comparison to the old George Pal version and the Orsen Wells radio version but I was also highly curious as to how the Martians and the tripods would be rendered. Suffice it to say, I was quite pleased. Now if we could only get Speilberg and Tomino together... Hee hee hee...! >:)

#7 Gruempy

Gruempy

Level 1

• Shriekbat
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:24 AM

I rarely, if ever go to the theatres and the TV stations are something I watch once in a blue moon, so DVD rentals is what I rely on for my movies.

I have a membership with Netflix so we've been renting at least a couple of movies almost every week. The most recent movies we've seen was the Indiana Jones trilogy. Never realized it but I'd never seen Raiders of the Lost Ark. I'm pretty sure I'd seen tiny bits and pieces of the movie, but nothing more than that. Refreshing seeing the whole series in a row over the course of three days, though.

Other than that, most of our rentals (for now) have been the TV series Stargate SG-1. I can't quite remember how I got into the show but now I keep renting the episodes and it's not going to stop until I reach the end. On Season 7 now and coming to the realization that Season 8 is only a few disks away. :blink:

Not quite sure what I'm going to start renting after this but definitely some sort of series along with more movies.

#8 Shadow

Shadow

Level 2

• Sheegoth
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:32 AM

Gruempy, I highly recommend 24. That show is amazazing! Lost is good as well, but only one season is out currently. 24 has 4 seasons out, so if you want to get into a great show, start with 24 season 1.
Ok, here's another movie to avoid at all costs. High School Musical! I'm a middle school youth pastor and we just took a trip down to Florida for camp. On the bus ride down someone put High School Musical in the dvd player and I was forced to watch it because it was turned up so loud and all the girls in the back were singing. It was horrific. There is a scene in which the basketball team sings a song. I wanted to punch a kitten. So don't let your girlfriends talk you into seeing this one.

#9 LinxAwakening

LinxAwakening

Columnist

• Diamont
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:40 AM

So in 11 days Pirates of the Carribean 2 is comming out! I loved the first one, and I have high hopes for this one. The trailer looks amazing :D Who else is going to see it? And are you going on release day (which is a thursday, but the next day is friday... I'm prob going to see it that friday)

#10 sevenout

sevenout

Level 1

• Skree
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:57 PM

Im a big time movie fan! so IM allways at the theater!

And of course I will be seeing super man ath the midnight showing, not really into super man I just dig the the event with friends, just a reason to go out and just talk and bull shit before the show. Im way excited for Pirates also going to the midnight showing of that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

AhrefsBot (1)