• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#171 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,446 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

I can't even find a better job.  Right now I think I'm gonna just try and get any job since the minimum wage where I'm at is going up anyways, my current salary is nearly going to be that either way.  

A change of environment can do wonders, even if it's at the loss of some pay. I don't like my new job, but ti's so much more relaxed than my old one that it doesn't even feel like work. It's making working on my other shit way easier.

I dunno. You could look into moving. i've thought about it, and the place I live has a declining set of industry. When this temp job is over, I might be SOL if some things haven't taken off.

Posted Image

#172 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• Chozo Mystake
  • 7,324 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

Yeah, but move where?

I can't even get a response from anything out of state and once there looked like there was an opening way up north but it was a 3 hour drive and I couldn't get time off from work to make the interview so it fucked me over.  I really don't understand how anyone moves states unless their job they already have does it for them.  

#173 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,446 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

Yeah, but move where?

I can't even get a response from anything out of state and once there looked like there was an opening way up north but it was a 3 hour drive and I couldn't get time off from work to make the interview so it fucked me over.  I really don't understand how anyone moves states unless their job they already have does it for them.  

I haven't the foggiest fuckin idea. My friend was going to jump states at one point, but he had someone he could bunk with rent free for a month or so. Not everyone has that luxury.

When my dad was our age, jobs were apparently easier to get. He fucked off to Arizona (from MN) and found a job the first day he was there. Other problems came up and him and his friend wound up heading back like three days later, but shit, they were both pretty much set day one and two of arriving.

I don't know how you do it now. When I say moving, I mean like two hours away to a bigger city. But I don't know how I'd get an interview or anything being so far away.

Posted Image

#174 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• Chozo Mystake
  • 7,324 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

Well even with that, the only big city around me is less than an hour's commute, so it's the same shit.  

Also I wish I lived in old timey times where I could just prove to someone that I'm good at using a broom and that would get me a job at the grocery store, and as I prove I'm good with numbers and stock I would get more responsibilities and any increase in sales could lead to me making more money.

It's a fantasy world now, and it just doesn't happen anymore.

Also today I realized I haven't been exercising at all in like a week and that contributed to my lethargic emo farts.  Feeling better today, thanks for caring.  <3

#175 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• Chozo Mystake
  • 7,324 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

I found an interesting profile on eHarmony.  It's weird because I can't get my hopes up for meeting someone new, anymore.  I feel like every human being is flawed, and everyone just hides their flaws differently.  This individual did a great job of showcasing her strengths in a vague enough way that it really caught my eye and I rather liked the idea of maybe giving her a chance.  She likes to read nerdy fantasy books, and that's more than I get out of the average dating profile.  It's typically just the most bland, non-offensive, safest bet kind of hobbies like "going out for fun" or "trying something new".  I try to be clear that I like stuff like Dungeons and Dragons and Dota 2.  I don't need someone to share that with me, but heads up that I like to draw cartoons about dragons and the elves they may or may not be friends with.  That's a very much me thing.  

I don't want to go on another date where I'm told directly that I'm unappealing and weird.  I know not everyone has everything in common with me, and I know everyone is entitled to their own hobbies.  I won't call someone weird for enjoying surfing.  But, I'm not going to go surfing with you.  Please don't call me weird and don't call my hobbies shit just because you don't like them.  

I dunno, online dating is weird and I don't like dealing with people in any regard.  So it's interesting to me that I'm willing to give this girl a chance.  Maybe I'm just lonely enough that I'll try anything for an excuse to get out, but she legitimately seems nice and maybe she'll see something in me, too.  That kind of hope is fair, I want to believe.  Maybe it's not fair to her, but it's a hope I need to hold onto.  

#176 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,446 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

Best of luck dude :3

Posted Image

#177 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• Chozo Mystake
  • 7,324 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

I think I figured out the problem with these dating sites.  It's not so much the nature of the site, but rather my location geographically.  When I extend out the search radius to 4 or 5 towns over, I get a lot of interesting matches of pretty people that live in different states.  I just live in a trashbin of society and it's reflected in this site that shows me my surrounding options.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users