• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:04 AM

So yeah, Minecraft sold like a million copies and is only now in Beta. Why is no one talking about this?

Does anyone here play, and if so, can you help me open up a server? I can't seem to forward a port because I'm not tech-savy and it's starting to get frustrating lol.

#2 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,367 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:42 AM

So yeah, Minecraft sold like a million copies and is only now in Beta. Why is no one talking about this?

Does anyone here play, and if so, can you help me open up a server? I can't seem to forward a port because I'm not tech-savy and it's starting to get frustrating lol.

I can tell you how to forward a port. What route do you have?

#3 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

I have a 2wire. I found a tutorial to set it up, and how to allow it through the firewall on my computer, too, but the sucker still says the port is closed x.x

I really didn't intend this to just be a tech support thread.
Does no one on this site play?

Edit again: I may not be having a problem with my port as it turns out. The program I was using to test my ports doesn't actually seem that accurate, so I'm gonna have to wait until Minecraft's servers are back up and I can just do some actual tests.

Edited by Blackskullgreymon, 19 January 2011 - 07:40 PM.

#4 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,367 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

I have a 2wire. I found a tutorial to set it up, and how to allow it through the firewall on my computer, too, but the sucker still says the port is closed x.x

I really didn't intend this to just be a tech support thread.
Does no one on this site play?

Edit again: I may not be having a problem with my port as it turns out. The program I was using to test my ports doesn't actually seem that accurate, so I'm gonna have to wait until Minecraft's servers are back up and I can just do some actual tests.

Yeah, I've never used a 2Wire before, but the general steps are:
1. Set your PC to have a static IP (192.168.0.2 is probably fine)
2. Go to the port forwarding page and set it to forward whatever ports to the static IP of your computer.

I'd comment on MineCraft but I've never actually played it, only have seen it.

#5 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

Static IP makes me scared. Aren't they not static for a reason?

#6 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,367 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

Static IP makes me scared. Aren't they not static for a reason?

99% sure the only reason they aren't static because when you ask your router for an IP it just gives you the lowest open one. If you really are afraid that something can happen you should know that if someone in your personal network goes to 192.168.1.2 they'll probably always be pointing at a computer in your network, and if you don't turn your computer off its going to be "static" anyways. Static basically means to give your MAC address a specific IP address and not a random one. You need to do this because then you can tell your router to send all packets to port X to that IP. It's actually because the 5 or w/e devices connected to your router all have the same IP address to the outside world, so if someone tries to connect to that address via port X, the router doesn't know which PC on the internal network that should go to.

Also, when I say static IP make sure you setting it for a computer on your network, not setting it for the IP your router gets from your ISP because your ISP probably just gives you random ones via DHCP.

#7 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

Well that makes sense, I suppose. I'll look into rigging that up, then.

#8 Lame Plant42

Plant42

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame Martel
  • 13,877 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

I've only heard of Minecraft a couple times and o figured it was a game, but I don't know wtf it is. From the name, it sounds like a game that is either in the series of, or simply trying to ride on the fame of Blizzard's online RTS fuckCraft games. If that is the case, then I don't have any interest in it. =V. Strategy is one of the shittiest genres IMFO (right behind simulation and 1 or 2 others), and mines are boring in themselves. :P. Is this an RTS game that takes place in mines? If so, then I don't like it. And is this a NON-Blizzard game? If it's not, then I fucking hate it and I hope the cockfags that made this shit throw up diarrhea for the next 24 hours non-stop.

#9 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

Okay, I made my IP static and the tester I'm using still says the port is closed. I was told this was easy to set up, but nothing about this has been easy at all, so far.

#10 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,166 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

I've only heard of Minecraft a couple times and o figured it was a game, but I don't know wtf it is. From the name, it sounds like a game that is either in the series of, or simply trying to ride on the fame of Blizzard's online RTS fuckCraft games. If that is the case, then I don't have any interest in it. =V. Strategy is one of the shittiest genres IMFO (right behind simulation and 1 or 2 others), and mines are boring in themselves. :P. Is this an RTS game that takes place in mines? If so, then I don't like it. And is this a NON-Blizzard game? If it's not, then I fucking hate it and I hope the cockfags that made this shit throw up diarrhea for the next 24 hours non-stop.

Is this a horrible troll-fail or something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users