• Nintendo ID:Sumodude
  • 3DS Code:0619-3946-6498

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

PIKMIN 3!!! Ahem...

PIKMIN 3!!!!

Releasing August 4th, 2013! Hoo boy!

Original post:

Spoiler

Edited by Sumodude, 17 April 2013 - 03:16 PM.

KC6S6Uo.png

#2 Lame Plant42

Plant42

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame Martel
  • 9,359 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

PIKMIN 3!!!!

^That brings me to my first and foremost expectation: NEW PIKMIN COLORS!!!

Have any of you seeing the true Pikmin 1 ending? If not, then FUCKING SPOILERS!!! But if so, then check this out!

(Video commences exactly to the point which I refer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOKm5wumuIs#t=2m2s

There should be at least 2 new colors introduced, and the video above shows some colors I may suggest.

I also like your idea of environmental effects like fog/dust/etc.

As for going out at night, I don't think that will happen. That goes against one of Pikmin's core structural mechanics. It would be really pretty to be out in levels showered in moonlight though, especially if there were other species of bioluminescent creatures exclusive to night time. I loves me some bioluminescence, damnit!!

Another thing I want for this game is something I want for pretty much any game if given the option: ORCHESTRATED MUSIC!!!!!
Really though, Pikmin is a great candidate for orchestrated music. In contrast, I wouldn't be clamoring for orchestrated music in F-Zero. But just as Pikmin's environmental visuals strive to achieve the greatest level of photorealism, Pikmin's music should sound equally crisp and true-to-life, too. Live recordings are the best way to approach this.

Edited by Plant42, 24 May 2012 - 02:26 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image_________HORSEDICK_______???Cream Blog???

#3 gamerman99

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• Naturally Occurring Asbestos
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

Orange Pikmin - Charges-up daylight and uses it throughout the night to continue working 24/7.
Green Pikmin - can manipulate the enviornment, making treasures more easily accessible.
...others?

#4 Lupus Gemini

Lupus Gemini

Columnist

• Chozo Bestiary Keeper
  • 478 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

Teal: Color of sky perhaps? Maybe they float/glide after throwing them. Or perhaps teal is the color of seafoam and they actually make bubbles and possibly hula dance.

Brown: Color of dirt? Diglet dig! Color of poop? Feces toss!

Orange: Color of nectar? Sacrifice to make nectar! Color of carrots? Act as decoys that enemies will automatically target/focus!

Gray: Color of robots? Transform into killing death machines!

Pink: Color of love? Similar to previous decoy suggestion! Color of pigs? Throw them in fire to create delicious bacon!
*after Lupus said that he created a time paradox where he was sucked in and is now floating around in limbo*
*then Moomba squished him*

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,356 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

Orange Pikmin - Charges-up daylight and uses it throughout the night to continue working 24/7.

That would be cool - it would be interesting to have it where you can do stuff at night and the world is different.

#6 gamerman99

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• 1,101 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

An interesting read thanks to IGN....

#7 gamerman99

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• 1,101 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

All right, this looks .... beautiful!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

*Notes: Not seeing purple or white Pikmin, were they axed?
*Is "rock" Pikmin the ONLY new Pikmin?
*Did they mention 4-P co-op or online play? (I didn't catch it).

--However, it is a launch title, right?

EDIT:

From the Nintendo Pikmin 3 All Access Site:

Features:

Players can play using Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk-based controls or the Wii U GamePad controller. With new intuitive controls that make it possible to aim at objects directly, players can command their tiny, yet powerful, squads in different ways.

The GamePad acts as an overhead map and radar to track Pikmin movements in real time. Players can slide a finger across the touch screen to quickly switch between areas, giving greater flexibility in commanding multiple groups of Pikmin.

The greater processing and HD capabilities of the Wii U console are put to extensive use, resulting in a more intricately designed world, enhanced ant-like movement of the Pikmin and precisely detailed overhead views for enabling easier strategic use of the Pikmin.

After completing a stage, the replay feature allows players the option to review their results using the GamePad and TV. Fast-forward, rewind or pause while assessing the previous mission to decide on other paths.

In addition to the five original types of Pikmin encountered in previous games, the new Rock Pikmin bring powerful new abilities and are able to crack hard outer shells of enemies and break through solid barriers.

Mission Mode challenges players to earn the most treasure in a given time.

Edited by gamerman99, 05 June 2012 - 10:46 AM.

#8 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

First off, man this game is pretty. I'm loving the use of the depth of field blur in the game, and yeah, in HD it really does make the Pikmin feel like a little group of scurrying ants. Rock Pikmin also look pretty cool, but they also seem to be fairly similar to Purple Pikmin in use? Also, I SWEAR I saw pink flying Pikmin in the trailer. Look at 1:23 in the trailer:

Edit: Some other stuff. Despite having 4 characters, Nintendo's saying that it is only 1 player. Also, it's currently only confirmed for launch window, not launch date.

By the way, I wonder when we're going to find out why Olimar isn't one of the 4 playable characters? They specifically mentioned he wasn't one of the four, but then said we'd find out why later, so there must be some sort of other reveal before too long.
sig.png

#9 gamerman99

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• 1,101 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

You can see that pink flying Pikmin flying under the wood bridge at the very beginning too! Holy shit, YES! Looks so beautiful.

EDIT: Maybe lack of Olimar is based on the story. Maybe this is his family looking for him or something?

Edited by gamerman99, 05 June 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#10 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,356 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

This game looks sick. I honestly can't wait for it. I don't get how the motion controls work with the gamepad (maybe they don't?). Honestly though this is going to be the game for me that gives me the warm feeling full of awe when I open up the Wii U. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users