#61 Sumodude

Sumodude

Level 3

• Diamont
  • 1,204 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Sumodude
  • 3DS Code:0619-3946-6498

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

Dude, I love reading people's stories like that. Fuck gamestop though guys, forreal. I'm so over them. I don't care what their pre-orders are, I don't care about their trade-in values [that are shit]. I feel like I've been fucked over by them way too many times to ever try to go there again with my money. If I get a gift card? Fine, I'll use it, probably on a used game which supports them, unfortunately. 

But, the reason I came to this thread in the first place was to ask: when is the official release date for Pikmin 3? Is it tomorrow, and today's the day for the pre-download promo thing from Gamestop? Just wondering.

I went back and just played about 5 hours in Pikmin 2. I'm prolly halfway through it. I never beat it, if I recall. Got stuck in some cavern underground with barely any Pikmin and didn't wanna quit cause it was one of the lengthier ones, if I remember correctly. But, damn, what a fun game! And, did I read this right--White/Purple Pikmin are only in multiplayer mode? Does this mean no more caverns in the story, or altogether? I never played much of 1, but Nintendo better either have alotta levels to play, or huge, puzzling levels with a little deeper exploration value than the previous iterations, in my opinion. Also, I thought the caverns made 2 a bit longer and more fun, seemingly getting lost in the underground and not having to worry about the daytime hours / sun's position.

Anybody know what the actual story is about this time, and why / how the other explorers came to be by Olimar's side?

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!

Pikmin 2 is still one of my favorite games ever and so I don't actually expect Pikmin 3 to surpass it. However, I've heard it likened more to a re-imagining of the first game rather than a direct sequel to 2. It definitely won't have as much content as Pikmin 2 (one probable reason for this is because Pikmin 2 got to reuse many assests from the first game, where 3 needed all-new HD assets). The single-player campaign's length will be about as long as the first game's, though there is no 30-day limit, so I guess it could be played at any pace...

Multiplayer's been expanded, though. I'm most excited to try that out, actually, since I have a plethora of local friends who love Pikmin almost half as much as I do.

Olimar is not in the single-player story from what I've seen. He is apparently in multiplayer in some form, though. I've heard good things, even really good things, about the plot and characters in this game. Nintendo was/is even considering making short animated episodes to expand on it...

Edited by Sumodude, 02 August 2013 - 10:41 PM.

dgORYPr.png

#62 Lame Plant42

Plant42

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame Martel
  • 10,070 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

I SPELL THINGS HOW I WANT TO.  I ALSO SAY "OKAY" A LOT, YOU WANNA HURT MY FEELINGS ABOUT THAT, TOO!?!?!?!?!?

Lol no, I meant why is the meat spelled Buh-Log-Nuh to begin with. That makes no sense.

BraveVesperia.gif
WarnPwnage2.gifHORSEDICK__???Cream Blog???___^Now Playan^

#63 Lame Plant42

Plant42

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame Martel
  • 10,070 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

By the way, I don't consider this a spoiler, but rather a warning so you don't get pissed later: White and Purple pikmin are in Pikmin 3, but NOT in the story mode! >:( Why the hell not, Nintendo?!?!?!!! Ugh. So where can you find them? Mission Mode. -_-

BraveVesperia.gif
WarnPwnage2.gifHORSEDICK__???Cream Blog???___^Now Playan^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users