torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Ridley Scott Ridley Scott
  • 3,732 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

User's Awards

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

I'm not sure that I would really call this a blog, more of a showcase. Since I am the Grand Poobah of Video Game Shriners, along with the Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners, it dawned on me that I should make a centralized repository of all the crap treasures that I amass as time goes on.

I'll probably add some picture of the current shrine to this post later, but this is where I'll put pictures of new stuff that I accumulate, rather than flinging it around the forum in other threads. Yes, fellow Sanctuary members, your prayers have been answered! For now I'll start this off with another post about a treasure that just arrived at my doorstep today.

12/27/2013 Update:

For history's sake, I pulled the original images from the Temple that showed the original Shrine at our old house. Anyone remember?

GameShrine2.jpg

GameShrine1.jpg

bpzk.jpg

1/28/2014 update:

Finally, for everyone's enjoyment, here are some pictures of the Shrine in its current state (be sure to click on each one to see it bigger):

vdmftpw.jpg

Our main display wall (along with a multitude of children's movies). Note the 2013 Platinum reward framed above the fireplace.

C95IV36.jpg

A close-up of the console museum. The original GameCube is missing because it's hooked up to the TV (but a black one I picked up for $10 at a garage sale makes  a good stand-in). Our Wii is missing because it functions as an Amazon Video box in the exercise room.

jRksB8u.jpg

Plush-ville is located above the Metroid display area. Unfortunately I didn't realize that Toad was mooning me when I took the picture. He'll have a talking to.

vAo75d2.jpg

The Donkey Kong Sanctuary, non-electric games section, and library. Waluigi is usually an adequate librarian, but he appears a bit worn out today.

d4aMKdd.jpg

The current home for all of our physical games, along with the Skylanders and various knickknacks. Race cars are parked above for security reasons.

v4DeD0j.jpg

Our outside wall is home to a couple of displays, most of which are full of stuff that we've had for a while and might even be present in the old pictures.

yn3QvRK.jpg

Sure to be Plant's favorite picture, more goodies along with the official Club Nintendo Poundcake Carrier.

4zF5EKR.jpg

The next wall, by the stairs, houses even more figures and some lenticular puzzles that we put together years ago and threw in some little frames.

NVIsHXi.jpg

Last but not least, here's where the action takes place.

Edited by torgo, 22 December 2015 - 11:40 AM.

#2 Ridley Scott torgo

torgo

• 3,732 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

Some may remember (likely nobody) that I preordered the Figma Samus about 7 months ago. Well, my preorder has come to fruition. Today when I got home, I found my Samus waiting for me!

SamusFigma.jpg

I won't bore you with bland pictures of everything that came with her. You can go here to see all that stuff if you've forgotten.

She's quite nice, with good detail that other reviewers have expounded upon in other blogs elsewhere. I think she'll mostly sit on my shelf with my other Zero Suit Samus from many years ago, and my Zero Mission store stand.

MetroidShelf.jpg

Edited by torgo, 22 December 2015 - 11:39 AM.

#3 Ridley Scott torgo

torgo

• 3,732 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

​It was a very Nintendo Christmas at our house. Without further ado, here's what landed in my warp pipe this year that has to do with Nintendo:

1. Koopa Troopa (warp pipe not included, that's from a K'Nex set):

GrandPoobahXmas2013%204.jpg

2. Luigi and Daisy. My daughter saw these at a close-out store (they get stuff that regular stores have that they haven't been able to sell on clearance. Lots of stuff from Target there it seems):

GrandPoobahXmas2013%202.jpg

3. Die-cast metal Mario Kart 7 racer cars (about Matchbox size):

x8gc.jpg

4. A Mario Party Puzzle. Another in a long line of puzzle's we'll do. If we still had SwapNote, everyone could expect a note with a completed picture of this. *sigh* K'Nex figures not included, they just horn in on most things that have to do with puzzles:

GrandPoobahXmas2013%206.jpg

5. Mario and Luigi Wii Remotes. Not a surprise here, since I bought them for myself but made it look like Santa brought them. So sly …:

GrandPoobahXmas2013%205.jpg

All of these have found special spots in the shrine. The Mario and Luigi remotes have also seen action while playing Super Mario 3D Land (not pictured, but also a gift).

Edited by torgo, 22 December 2015 - 11:42 AM.

#4 Lame Plant42

Plant42

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame Martel
  • 13,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

>> Obviously, badass Samus. :D Makes me wanna get one, and maybe moreso the ZSS one... SO SHINY! *-*

>> Badass Koopa Troopa too. :D

>> I love Daisy and haven't seen any Daisy toys yet, but when I scrolled down... OMUHGAWD, HER POOR FACE!!! :( Also, Dafuq is up with Luigi's nose?! :( Oh well, as long as it's clearly Nintendo-related, it fits in your shrine. :3 But damn, I'd love a a top-quality shiny Daisy! ^_^

>> The Mario Karts are legit and awesome. :D The only thing that would really bother me is that horizontal crack on the Bee carts. WHY MUST I BE DENIED PERFECTION FOR SUCH AN EASY FIX?! :(

>> Ehh, fug Mario Party. Buuuut, a Mario Party puzzle > Mario Party Gaem! :P So yay, Nintendo Puzzle! :3

>> Nice Wii - just stop -'rollers. Seen you post 'em before, but not touching penii as shown above. :3

#5 Ridley Scott torgo

torgo

• 3,732 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

​And so we stopped by Toys 'B Us just because we were in the neighborhood, and who should have to come home with me but Donkey Kong!

GrandPoobahXmas2013%201.jpg

They had all 4 of the set (DK, Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi), but I only got DK (especially because we'd spent the last couple of days telling my daughter that she shouldn't spend all of her Christmas money right away on things like SwapForce or whatever stuffed animal crossed her field of view). But these things are nice, with a weighty base and good size. DK is about 6" tall including the base.

Edited by torgo, 22 December 2015 - 11:42 AM.

#6 Ridley Scott torgo

torgo

• 3,732 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

Come one, come all, check out the first post for an update that shows my current Nintendo Shrine. Ooooh, aaaaaah, and tell your friends (who will then look at you in a concerned way)!

#7 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,166 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

I kind of want to make a new Game Shriners contest, but you'd just win again. :P Definitely beats the shit out of my overstuff bookshelf. :P

#8 Ridley Scott torgo

torgo

• 3,732 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

I kind of want to make a new Game Shriners contest, but you'd just win again. :P Definitely beats the shit out of my overstuff bookshelf. :P

You still could, and I just wouldn't enter. I could be the judge, deciding who comes closest to Poobah-ness! ;)

#9 Ridley Scott torgo

torgo

• 3,732 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

Almost forgot - we finished our puzzle, and lots of people came out to see the finished product:

5nM4QT1.jpg

Plus, here's another of last year's rewards, all framed up. It was hard to find a decent frame color for this, since green resulted in too much green, and blue was just weird. But the copper color we settled on seems to go well with the skin tones, and he now adorns my daughter's wall. I mostly wish they'd left more of a border around the top, because part of the little Luigi's head gets cut off by the frame.

6zGnx0A.jpg

#10 Ridley Scott torgo

torgo

• 3,732 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

I don't know what this guy is saying in this video, but I'm going to need these when they come to Amazon in June!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users