torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Original Squid-Face Ridley
  • 3,673 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

User's Awards

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:05 PM

I would try to find a new home for the 3/DS game holder and see if it's to your liking first. If you find that unacceptable then maybe you should try mounting the sound bar to the wall. You can easily put the game holder back on the entertainment shelf and return things back to normal, the same can't be said for the holes in the wall if you decided you dislike the wall-mounted sound bar.

Yeah, especially because I think I have to buy the mounting brackets separately. I was thinking of moving the GameCube to the left side, and then putting the Switch where the GameCube is now, partly because the left side of the sound bar is where the volume indicator lights are; kinda helps to be able to see those.

#112 G-tech

G-tech

Level 1

• War Wasp
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:12 AM

Placing the Switch where the GameCube is currently located might be a problem considering all the ports in the dock faces rightward. You could potentially put strain on the cables and/or ports trying to connect them to your setup.

Edited by G-tech, 19 February 2017 - 11:13 AM.

#113 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Original Squid-Face Ridley
  • 3,673 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

User's Awards

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:46 PM

Placing the Switch where the GameCube is currently located might be a problem considering all the ports in the dock faces rightward. You could potentially put strain on the cables and/or ports trying to connect them to your setup.

You've successfully convinced me - it's going where the GameCube goes!

Since they come out the right side, I'd have to pull them very tightly back to the left to go around the left side of the sidebar and to the back. But on the right side, where the GameCube is, they can just hang down off the side and be routed over to power and the hole in the wall with a more relaxed loop.

This plan may change in the future without announcement, depending on actual circumstances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users