• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,167 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:07 AM

Hey all, this has been a long time coming, but I'm proud to announce some major changes are afoot (or rather, ahoove) here at CS. But first, a little backstory.

As many of you know, the Luminoth Temple was founded around the biggest Metroid fans Nintendo could find, way back in the end of 2004, around the launch of Metroid Prime 2. A little over a year and a half later the community was closed down and reborn as the Chozo Sanctuary, and with it a new Metroid fan destination was born. With the series at an all time peak with sequels and spin-offs near annually, it was a great time to be a Metroid fan. But alas no good thing lasts forever. The series slowed down drastically, to the point where the only new release in the last 7 years was the much derided Other M. As such Chozo Sanctuary has slowed down as well, after all how well can a dormant franchise sustain a community?

It is because of this the Elders and I have decided to change to focus of CS in a drastic move that we hope will revitalize the community and spark new, daily conversation. We debated the new focus of the community to great lengths, but in the end we felt the most logical direction was My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, as there is already a dedicated fan-base right here at the center of our community. While the love isn't yet universal, I'm sure the close bond we all share will allow even the series' biggest skeptics to hop aboard the Brony train.

Over the next few weeks we will begin slowly phasing out the current forums in lieu of more... magical ones. The rank system will be overhauled as well, with certain ranks going into effect today for our community's biggest bronies (so keep on the look out for them!).

In closing, the Elders and I would like to thank you for all the years you guys have stuck together building this great community. Hopefully we can continue with these magical friendships like this for years to come.

Thanks,
Pinkie Prime

#2 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

Pinkie said it all, but I just wanted to put down my research for a second and say how proud I am we're finally trotting this out!  Can't wait for the site to become the mane site for hardcore MLP fans to have serious discussions in a stable community.

<3

#3 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,167 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

Alright guys, with April Fools now a couple days passed it's time to turn everything back. However, the My Little Sanctuary theme will continue to be selectable from the Change Theme drop-down at the bottom left of every page. Enjoy!

Also, I've taken this time to revert our... equestrian "like" system back to the Miiverse inspired "Yeah!" theme.

#4 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,167 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:10 AM

Oh, and I'd like to apologize to everyone for spamming ya'll with that announcement email. Seems our mailer is inexplicably broken at the moment. :\

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chozo Sanctuary, announcement, ponies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users