63 replies to this topic

#1 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,746 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

I couldn't find a thread for this game yet, so here this goes!

The project initiated before the launch of the PS3 (2006) and originally titled "Final Fantasy Versus XIII" was renamed to "Final Fantasy XV."

This is the Versus XIII reveal trailer from 2006 (before YouTube had decent quality).

I had tried to get into Final Fantasy in the past, but I could never like it for some reason or another. The gameplay wasn't quite to my taste, and even the action-oriented Crystal Chronicles got repetitive and boring after a while, and it's one of my only GCN games (or games, period) that I've never completed. I also hate Chocobos and Moogles.

However, when Versus XIII was genuinely exciting when I saw it back in 2006, and finally, after about a decade, it's getting released under Final Fantasy XV.

There have been multiple trailers since it was revealed in 2014, but these are the most recent two trailers, which really have me itching for this game! ^_^

TGS 2014

Jump Festa 2014

I'm thinking Final Fantasy XV will be the first Final Fantasy game I wholly enjoy and complete. Up until now, I've really only played Final Fantasy VII up until the part where you get Red 13 and have a fight on descending elevators, and the aforementioned Crystal Chronicles.

...I just hope that I won't be missing out on any important story elements when I play it. Final Fantasy XV is part of the "Fabula Nova Crystallis" series, which originally consisted of just FF:XIII and FF:VersusXIII. That, again, was conceived before 2006, and since then has spread out to six titles (FF XIII, FF XIII-2, Lightning Returns: XIII, FF Type-0 [coming out in March 2015], and the set of seven episodic mobile [upcoming Vita] games, FF Agito). Aside from the three XIII games, they seem to be only loosely related, though--not by characters or plot points. I suppose it will be similar to Tales of Phantasia and Symphonia, which are both connected on the Aselian timeline, but their stories are completely independent. Thus, I shouldn't have much to worry about, despite FF XV's ties to the Fabulous Crystal Whatevertheshit™ mythos.

Edited by Plant42, 03 January 2015 - 12:23 PM.

#2 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,746 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:38 PM

Hoooooooooooly mother of tits, this looks insane!!!

I hadn't considered what summons would look like in Final Fantasy XV, but now we know! As a general non-fan of Final Fantasy, I'm not familiar with any Final Fantasy summons, but this is a recurring summon, called Ramuh. Never in any other game I've seen has a summon looked so completely believable and epic. Shit, enough talking, just watch this shit!

This is what Ramuh looked like in FFIV, for comparison. https://www.youtube....h?v=kUAtoz_2PSU

#3 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,179 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:03 PM

Yeah man, that summon is BAD ASS. I briefly considered getting a PS4 for this game this morning when I saw how polished everything's looking in FF15. But unfortunately for me it's just not feasible since I barely have time to play the games and systems I already have. At first I was turned off by the whole bros in a car hitting the streets thing, but damn this game is looking EPIC.

p.s. I don't see how you can fairly compare DS to PS4, other than saying, yeah, Ramuh has come a long way lol but I think it looks badass on DS too. :P

Edited by Robok, 17 March 2015 - 08:33 PM.

#4 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,746 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:39 AM

Here's a gameplay trailer from Gamescom. I just now saw it on Gametrailers. I didn't know they showed any FFXV shit at Gamescom. I didn't really tune into it. There's probably more interesting shit that I missed. Anyway, here's the new trailer, which contains footage of Malboro, though the video title is a bit misleading.

Don't get your hopes up and actually expect a substantive amount of "Gameplay" related to "Malboro." 78% of the trailer is wasted on exploration and title screens and bullshit, and you'll only really see this fucker for 24 seconds. There are a ton of cuts in this video during the fight scene, which makes me think that they cut shit out to make for a quicker trailer experience for one thing, but also because that fight must be buggy as shit at this point and they "faked" it to make it look how it's supposed to work. It's pretty disappointing.

But hey, that trailer doesn't seem like as much of a bullshit waste of your time as the following trailer does. As soon as the video hits the 1-minute mark, it may as well be a black screen with music playing in the background. Or maybe they should change the occasional subtitles to shit like "Look at my hair."

#5 Hollis_

Hollis_

Level 1

• Geemer
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 05:02 PM

Got Episode Duscae on PS4 (Type-0 HD was on sale for £20. Game's pretty crappy, but FFXV Demo.)

Shit fucking owns. Can't wait for the full game!

RE: Marlboro. The majority of gameplay around large monsters in Duscae revolves around tracking them and following them to their lair, so it's actually pretty representative of the gameplay experience. It's a shame that it doesn't translate well to a passive viewing experience, because it's rly fun when you get your hands on the game. :(

Also: There was no way to die in the demo (Ramuh would be summoned if you took too much damage), so I'm pretty sure the gameplay was cut to be like "yeah, you can actually die in this game."

#6 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,746 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:43 PM

Got Episode Duscae on PS4 (Type-0 HD was on sale for £20. Game's pretty crappy, but FFXV Demo.)

Shit fucking owns. Can't wait for the full game!

RE: Marlboro. The majority of gameplay around large monsters in Duscae revolves around tracking them and following them to their lair, so it's actually pretty representative of the gameplay experience. It's a shame that it doesn't translate well to a passive viewing experience, because it's rly fun when you get your hands on the game. :(

Also: There was no way to die in the demo (Ramuh would be summoned if you took too much damage), so I'm pretty sure the gameplay was cut to be like "yeah, you can actually die in this game."

A few things.

>>Type-0 is a bit rough (and was even more so before they fixed the ridiculous amount of motion blur on the jerky-ass camera, so everything looked like you were underwater while moving the camera), and many of the environments feel like moving from one box to another, but if you can stick with it for a bit you'll have a pretty fun game on your hands. It used to be a PSP game and that much is clearly evident, but if you got through Peace Walker, you definitely have it in you to beat Type-0.

>>I actually didn't like Duscae's gameplay very much. I trust that most of the problems will be ironed out before the release--hopefully by Duscae 2.0 release--but targeting and attacking frequently feels like it's out of my control. Maybe it's just my fault for suchope, but I hate how drop ship after drop ship arrives before I can kill everyone from the previous wave on enemies. I feel like o can't deal the amount of damage that I should be, and I'm not just holding the attack button the whole time either--I'm trying other fancy shit, too. Which further brings me to the point that I don't like that button-holding-for-attacking-over-time bullshit. The battles look a lot more fun than they actually are because they don't control anything like you would imagine, and it's not as satisfying as it should be.

>>I know tracking the Behemoth was the point of the demo, but I REALLY hope the rest of FFXV will not be about that shit. This isn't Monster Hunter. They just needed money to fix their car. This isn't Pimp My Ride either. To me it looks more like they accidentally stumbled across Malboro's lair and had no choice but to fight it. Noct saw it and said something like "What the heck is that?" If they were hunting it, they probably would have approached its tentacles thing more carefully. Though of course that doesn't necessarily have to be the case.

>>You can definitely die in Duscae. I did. I also don't think Ramuh will save you every time. I'm going to try fighting that gigantic gray shit beast, and watch it rape me. I haven't played this in forever so I probably forgot how to do all of my said "fancy shit," but... Lol brb. :P

#7 Hollis_

Hollis_

Level 1

• Geemer
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:35 AM

I actually get motion sickness really easily, so I had to stop playing Type-0 HD because it was making me throw up. :X

#8 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,746 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:36 AM

Wow, this shit's pretty old now, but I just found it. Here's how the car works in FFXV. Seems to be more of an autopilot thing, which favors a cinematic experience. You get to see more of the open world in this vid.

#9 Kezay

Kezay

Level 2

• X Parasite
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:02 PM

Since you can get off at any time and explore that's not so bad.  But can you explore anywhere or are you limited by your surroundings?  For instance when they stopped on that bridge, could you jump over the guard rail and fight those lizard things?  Or when they were at the lighthouse could you jump off the side and explore the shore?

#10 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,746 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

Since you can get off at any time and explore that's not so bad.  But can you explore anywhere or are you limited by your surroundings?  For instance when they stopped on that bridge, could you jump over the guard rail and fight those lizard things?  Or when they were at the lighthouse could you jump off the side and explore the shore?

I'm certain that you could jump down and fight those things if you'd want to, but for the sake of this video--which was really just to whore out the not-so-pimped ride--they didn't want to deviate and fight those cool alligator-lizard-fishfucks. I don't know if you'd be able to jump directly over the railing, though. There might be an invisible wall right there, but I'd bet that you could definitely go down the hill by going around the guard railing. Again, these regions had not been revealed before this video; certainly not in the Episode Duscae demo world. Those creatures hadn't been shown off, either. I don't even know if they're fully programmed with attacks and shit at this point.

>>Edit: Wtf, I just watched this video again and I noticed the "Manual Mode" option in the controls. I must have skipped past that part of the vid at the beginning the first time I watched it. xD!!! Anyway, I can't imagine that this game will have crashing mechanics a la GTA and other open world games. I also don't want indestructible car "physics" either, though, so I wonder what will happen if you manually drive your car into an oncoming vehicle. Something tells me that none of the four dude-bros will go flying out of the car, despite the fact that they're too cool for the safe belts.

Edited by Plant42, 27 September 2015 - 05:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users