Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Super Mario Odyssey for Nintendo Switch

nintendo super mario super mario odyssey nintendo switch super mario 64 super mario sunshine sandbox platformer

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 SuperTeeter64

SuperTeeter64

That Sam Guy

• Ing
  • 901 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

d67.gif Just gonna leave this here.

#42 Lame Plant42

Plant42

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame Martel
  • 14,096 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:06 AM

OH SHIT I GET IT ODDJOB!

But he never threw his hat in GE N64, right? He was just a short cheapass that you can't see. :P

#43 Ridley Scott Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Ridley Scott Ridley Scott
  • 7,814 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted Yesterday, 09:18 AM

Yeah GE N64 didn't have the capabilities to allow Oddjob to use his hat as a weapon.  Everyone used him though to have a shorter hitbox (and he is hard to see on dark maps).  It was GE Wii that gave Oddjob the ability to throw his hat instead of frags.

#44 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Dark Samus
  • 4,054 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted Yesterday, 07:10 PM

I played the demo at the local Target tonight (all 5 minutes of it, then it kicks you out). I gotta say, it feels pretty SMG to me. It encourages you to play with split JoyCons, although I played with the puppy controller. My biggest problem was it defaults to having inverted (or what I call inverted, because it's the wrong direction) y-axis settings for the camera. As in, it's set that if you push up on the right stick, the camera pans up. So that made playing a little harder when I'm trying to swing the camera around.

Lots of controls, lots of moves, I didn't get into most of them. Sounds like some moves can only be done with JoyCons, but I didn't dig around to find out if they mapped some of it to buttons or not. Seems like they could have, since they have a couple of times where more than one button does the same thing.

Can't comment on Plant's bitchings, since they're Plant bitchings. But I look forward to playing it in 2 weeks. Gotta go finish off Ganon, maybe this Tuesday I'll finish that off.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nintendo, super mario, super mario odyssey, nintendo switch, super mario 64, super mario sunshine, sandbox platformer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users