#91 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Dark Samus
  • 4,133 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:25 AM

Towards the end of the video, were you playing as Headlock? Is that something new, or have i just not been paying attention again?

Hedlok Scramble, where each player gets the chance to grab the Hedlok and basically play with those powers. You can get it knocked off of you, though, and then someone else can get it. I think that was new in Version 2.

#92 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Mecha Ridley
  • 8,009 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:15 AM

NCL is teasing a new stage coming to ARMS:  https://gonintendo.c...ew-stage-teased

DOFJLOtVAAAyyVv.jpg

Edited by Ngamer01, 08 November 2017 - 09:15 AM.

#93 SuperTeeter64

SuperTeeter64

That Sam Guy

• Ing
  • 919 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:44 PM

Hey! Ngamer does care about this game! I knew it! XD Only kidding. A shame Torgo and I really only ones to care for this game. I know you play too Morgil. I'm just a jerk. ;)

#94 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Mecha Ridley
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

https://gonintendo.c...racter-sneak-pe

The new stage teasing is still happening, but rumors are abound there might be a new character hidden in the stage teases.  What do you all think?

#95 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Mecha Ridley
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:30 AM

You might remember back when Lola was being teased, there was a tease of some kind of plant with arms.  That may have been a case of a double foreshadowing.

https://gonintendo.c...d-new-character

Lola ended up not being a plant-based fighter, but this new character looks to be a plant-based fighter.  =O

#96 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Mecha Ridley
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:15 AM

ARMS version 4.0 is out which brings a new character and stage:

#97 torgo

torgo

• Dark Samus
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

Version 4.0.0 also brings "Party Crash" mode, which appears to be Splatfests for ARMS, wherein you choose which fighter you want to be, and there are different things to do to get bonus points and stuff.

The first one starts November 22nd, and goes until the 24th. Looks more fine-grained than Splatfests from what I've seen, like certain bonus criteria changing every 15 minutes or something.

#98 torgo

torgo

• Dark Samus
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:29 AM

So I've played some Party Crash (almost all of it with Torgina, since thankfully you can play 2-player like regular online). There's some good and some meh about it. I know everyone wants to know about it, so here we are! :P

One thing they did really good is that when you play 2-player, you choose who the other player on your system will be. In our case, since Torgina has her own ARMS save file, it looks like all the coins and all the Party Crash points she earns go not only to me, but also to her save file. We played under hers last night, and when I fired up mine this morning, all of a sudden I was at level 13, and had over 500 coins. It's kind of like playing MK8 online with two people, and the second person gets to keep their VR points if they have their own save file. Nicely done, especially because we don't have to switch back and forth to make sure we both get to level up.

The events themselves are also pretty fun. Basically the bonus requirements change every 15 minutes, and then the last 5  minutes of each of those 15 minute spans is a special mode. Maybe, "So Much Rush" where your rush meter is almost always full, or a ton of Hedlok battles, or 1-hit KO matches. And it's all short enough to not get wearing on you. Look, I even have some video!

The meh part is ... I'm not sure what the point is. You get points and earn badges, but if the badges are just for show, like the regular ones you get, then I'm not sure how much I want to play again and again. Sure, it's fun to play for a while, especially with other people (I'm not enough of a fan to really play by myself much, but playing with a 10 year old next to you is enjoyable. I've heard her say, "I just mildly touched him," whenever she KOs someone so many times ... kids are weird). But it's not like a Splatfest where I feel the need to hit King so I can get all my snails, which can actually be used to upgrade gear and stuff.

Also, for good or bad, it goes on for like 3 days. I didn't realize  how much I enjoyed the fact that Splatfests are now just one day rather than 2 or 3 until the Party Crash came along. There's always that little nagging feeling, like, "I should be taking advantage of this!" That's probably more a just-me thing, though. The benefit of it being 3 days is you get some time to take breaks and come back to it.

So anyway, that's that. I suspect I'm the only one here playing this, so I'll just keep shouting into the void because I can!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arms, switch, boing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users