Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Metroid Prime
  • 3,868 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

User's Awards

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:33 AM

w6X8kNIzeQTkySyBCrnx-iIFsfDvodoZ.png

Guess I'll start the soon-to-be-hot topic about Hey! Pikmin, which was announced for 3DS during yesterday's direct, releasing July 28th, 2017.

As for my take, I want to be excited about it, but after seeing what they did to Chibi Robo in Hey! Chibi ... er, Chibi Robo Zip Lash, I can't shake the feeling that turning Pikmin into a platformer is a bad idea. I guess we'll see how it turns out, maybe it's being done by a different developer that won't make clearing a world partly reliant on RNG to decide which area you're going to.

Of note, Hey! Pikmin doesn't support 3D on the 3DS. Does this mark a move away from the 3D gimmick that the 3DS was born for? Or is it just because they're using both screens to simulate one tall screen? Or does it foretell the coming of the apocalypse, wherein we all cry our lamentations?

Thoughts? Comments? Wise remarks?

#2 Lame Plant42

Plant42

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame Martel
  • 13,938 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:09 AM

This game looks like shallow baby shit, and the "Hey You, Pikachu!" naming convention approach further drives that notion. Zip Lash is a perfect comparison. I didn't even know this shit was being handled by the same dev, but that's easy to believe. Then you bring up that they trashed the 3D in this game... Really??? Glasses-free stereoscopic 3D is still awesome. Fuck this bullshit so hard. It's practically MADE for the 2DS 4-year-old population.

Hey! Pikmin wins the plantaceous seal of ass quality of FUCK THIS GAME.

#3 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 7,108 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:15 AM

I think Plant called it.  I forgot to post about it, but this game is being done by Arzest.  Yes, the Yoshi's Island B-Squad who have handled most of the Yoshi's Island series since the SNES original is heading up Hey! Pikmin.

Plant also called this:

64d.jpg

(I know Arzest really tries, but most of their output has turned out shovelware quality.)

#4 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 7,108 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

http://gonintendo.co...america-same-da

If anyone cares, July 28th is the launch day for this "game".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users