• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

Marvel Heroes has been out for years on PC. After a beta phase on PS4, it has now officially been released as Marvel Heroes Omega on both PS4/XBONE. The spiritual successor (?) of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1& 2, the game is free to play and download instantly. All heroes are available to level 10 to try each one out, but must be purchased with real money (G's) or in-game items called Eternity Splinters. The game plays similar to Diablo; a dungeon crawler-esque grind for the best loot and eternity splinters for new characters.

Currently, daredevil is free to doanload. If even slightly interested in the game, I strongly recommend downloading Daredevil right away before he's no longer offered for free.

Other characters include:

Top-Tier (750 eternity splinters): Spiderman, Ghost Rider, Deadpool, Wolverine, Dr. Strange, Jean Gray, Rocket Raccoon, & Iron Man

Mid-Tier (500 eternity splinters): Storm, She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Punisher, Blade, Captain America, Luke Cage,Magik, Cyclops, Gambit, Psylocke, Colossus, Beast, Iceman, Black Panther, Moon Knight, Thor, Ant-Man, & Star Lord

Low-Tier (200 eternity splinters): Hawkeye, Hulk, Kitty Pride, Angela, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Nova, & Squirrel Girl.

Developer Gazillion has tons more characters on the PC version that they'll be bringing to console. Announced thus far are Black Cat, Elektra, & Nightcrawler, while they're pushing for a simultaneous release of Spiderwoman on both console & PC as well.

The Fantastic 4 were in the PC version, along with the Silver Surfer, but the licensing just expired the day of the launch on console. The Fantastic 4 have gotten a shit-treatment from Fox on the big screen, and many speculate that Marvel is taking a hiatus from them on the video game front as well as comics for the past 2 or so years.

Personally, I wish the eternity splinters could be earned faster. 1 is guaranteed to appear every 7 minutes, but sometimes thanks to RNGesus, 2, 3, 4, or 5 have the possibility of dropping. Because of this, the game is grindy if you don't wanna spend money on it. The characters seem overpriced in real-life currency IMO, and the bundles offered aren't great from a "discount" perspective. Gaz has gotten a lot of hate because of this; character prices were increased from the PS4 beta. I wish the tiers were 200, 425, and 675, but oh well, what do I know.

Anybody else played this game, heard of it, or considering it now?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Xbox One, Xbone, Ps4, Playstation 4, Not Switch lolol, Diablo, Ultimate Alliance, Dungeon Crawler, Free to Play (FtP)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users