Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Future of Zelda

nintendo the legend of zelda looking to the future discussion speculation news leaks possible spoilers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Luminoth
  • 8,001 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

I'm making this thread as to not clutter up the invidious game threads for speculating/discussing about Zelda's future.

http://gonintendo.co...tw-dlc-cautious

The Zelda team is still working on Breath of the Wild's DLC season, so they have not started work on the next Zelda game.  They are currently taking feedback from the first BotW DLC pack and developing the second pack for release later in the year.

http://gonintendo.co...ard-time-imagin

Aonuma keeps being asked about a possible Zelda Maker and if he could see Zelda working in VR:

Coming from a GameReactor interview with Eiji Aonuma...

GR: Could there be a Zelda Maker, like Mario Maker, even if the universe is much bigger and would obviously be more difficult to produce?

EA: Would you like it?

GR: Not really, because I wouldn't leave the house for a long time.

EA: Well, I'll keep it in mind that there are people who could appreciate that then! But this is not something we considered. But be reassured, you will have the exclusivity if we ever decided to go through with it [laughs]...

GR: Can you imagine Link's adventures in VR? You/Nintendo don't seem too excited by the idea...

EA: Let me tell you something. When we did Twilight Princess, we did first-person trials. And I absolutely did not like it, it did not look like Zelda as I conceived it, nor as you must conceive it yourself as a fan of the saga. And from that point on, we thought we had to be able to see Link, whether it was during the fighting or the exploration. For us, this is the very essence of Zelda. For the moment I have a hard time imagining a Zelda in VR so as you can probably imagine, this is not a priority nor a short-term project. But I'm not closing the door on that for the future.

How do you see Zelda changing post-BotW?  Also if anyone finds news or speculation about Zelda in general, feel free to post them in this thread.  When we get some actual concrete info about a new game, we can spawn new threads for new games that get announced.

Edited by Ngamer01, 09 July 2017 - 09:34 AM.

#2 Lame Plant42

Plant42

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame Martel
  • 14,137 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:07 PM

Wait a fucking second...

They are literally NOT working on the next Zelda AT ALL??? They have always been working on the forthcoming Zelda title before the current one officially releases. So now they haven't even taken the first step into the next Zelda game??

What the hell, Nintendo. They are constantly letting me down year after year. Fuck off and sell your IPs already.

#3 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Luminoth
  • 8,001 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:44 AM

To be fair, this is the first time Zelda ever had a DLC cycle for a mainline game (Hyrule Warriors is a spin-off).  They might brainstorm, talk, and bounce some ideas around to come up with something post-BotW's DLC cycle before really starting development on the next Zelda game.

The only question is if they would aim to get one more Zelda game out on 3DS since the 3DS got an extra year of life...  I wouldn't think a new game though, but maybe another remake...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nintendo, the legend of zelda, looking to the future, discussion, speculation, news, leaks, possible spoilers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users