Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Crocomire
  • 7,646 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:01 AM

https://gonintendo.c...switch-coming-n

Today Rockstar Games announced ports of L.A. Noire are coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One on November 14th.

Set against the seedy and violent underbelly of 1940’s Los Angeles, L.A. Noire is the story of decorated veteran and newly minted detective Cole Phelps as he investigates an escalating series of cases inspired by real-world crimes. Each successfully solved case brings Phelps greater success, but also brings him closer to the dark criminal heart of post-war L.A.

L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch features the complete original game and all additional downloadable content, with specific enhancements including a Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic, gesture-based controls, HD rumble and new wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles, plus contextual touch screen controls for portable detective work.

All-in-all, it seems like PS4 and Xbox One are remastered with upgraded graphics while the Switch version just gets control enhancements for motion controls (you can use standard controls too), HD rumble, and some new over-the-shoulder camera angles.  The touchscreen can also be utilized if you're playing in undocked mode.

#2 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Crocomire
  • 7,646 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:09 AM

https://gonintendo.c...ared-to-ps4-xb1

Because of the Switch-specific controls being added to the Switch version to make up for that version not matching the graphics of the Xbox One and PS4 versions, L.A. Noire on Switch will be 10 dollars higher in price compared to Xbox One and PS4.

#3 Lame Plant42

Plant42

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame Martel
  • 14,054 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:39 AM

L.A. Noire spanned across 3 DVDs on the Xbox 360 version; only one Bluray disc on PS3. I didn't how much space it took up nor how much Switch cartridges hold, but that concern came to mind.

I have it on 360. I was hyped for it when it was first announced. The game ended up being pretty different from what I expected, for the worse. The ending was utter shit and makes everything you did you to that moment feel pointless. Whatever. So yeah, definitely won't be getting this game again--at least not on Switch. If I get it again, it'll be for graphical improvements. They were good already, but if they look greatly impressively improved, then I might go for a double dip. It wasn't a bad game, but it didn't quite deliver as intended either.

#4 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Crocomire
  • 7,646 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:02 AM

https://gonintendo.c...aaa-switch-port

Apparently Rockstar outsourced the Switch port to Virtuos.  Don't know if this means anything, but Virtuos used to deal with shovelware in the past.

Edited by Ngamer01, 11 September 2017 - 11:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users