Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

RUMOR - New Nintendo Direct Coming Before Year's End? (Or Will It Come in Early 2018?)

rumors nintendo nintendo direct

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Metroid
  • 8,037 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:07 PM

https://gonintendo.c...s-up-once-again

Usually if a Nintendo Direct is coming, NCL has to make a new slot available on their ND pages (and if there is something indeed coming, NCL pulls the trigger and orders the Nintendo Direct announcements which forces NoA and NoE to make ND pages for the upcoming direct -- provided if the ND isn't region locked).

So what do you think will happen?  One more ND before the end of the year recapping all the "most haves for the holidays" with maybe a little tease or two for early 2018?  Or will they wait for the actual 2018 to start before bringing a new ND to the table?  Your guess(es) is/are as good as mine.

My guess if it's one more ND before the year's end:

1) They'll recap all the must have holiday titles and bundles of stuff already released or just released.

2) They'll recap AC: Pocket Camp.

3) They finally announce Nintendo Switch rewards on My Nintendo.

4) They tease a The Legend of Zelda mobile spin-off mini-game for 2018 that ties into Breath of the Wild.

If it turns out a new ND for early 2018 instead, then I'll suggest guesses #3 and 4 for this one along with announcing and reannouncing spring stuff for 3DS and Nintendo Switch.

#2 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Dark Samus
  • 4,177 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

I could see having some kind of My Nintendo Switch rewards working at/around the holidays as being a good thing to have, not that they're going to need a lot of help getting people to buy the Switch this Christmas. :D I'm not sure if they'd go through a direct for holiday stuff, since the people who actually watch Nintendo Directs are already Nintendo fans, and that's not the player base they'd need to address for holiday buying.

I'd love to see Metroid Prime 4 info, but I honestly don't think we'll hear anything more about that until mid/late 2018 at best. I could see more Splatoon 2 info coming in there, since they're rolling out some of the stuff that was just announced bit by bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users